Request for Expression of Interest
The Nepal Trust, a U.K. based non-profit organisation, that is supporting sustainable community development at scale with an intervention goal: to relieve poverty and change the lives of people through local participation in sustainable community development.
The Nepal Trust invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from organisations interested in collaborating to deliver Health, Education, Agriculture and Livelihood (HEAL) programmes in 5 Districts of remote parts (Mid -West) of Nepal. Organisation with minimum of 3 years of HEAL programmes can apply online with submission of all necessary documentation at: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 Noon 24th January, 2018.
The objectives of The Nepal Trust are mainly focused on five different districts of Nepal, notably Humla, Baglung, Sindhupalchowk, Makwanpur and Nawalparasi. These objectives are formulated on the basis of the requirement of each district. They are as follows:
1. To develop and support health infrastructure –and services in the Humla district at government designated locations (DHO) in partnership with other organizations and the government.
2. To provide essential services in Humla to improve social infrastructure and renewable energy development, incl. solar/ micro-hydro power, smokeless cook stoves, etc. in the project areas.
3. To assist local communities of Sindhupalchowk district in their economic recovery (incl. agriculture activities) that assists them in improving their livelihoods.
4. To develop education infrastructure in the Humla, Baglung, Sindhupalchowk and Nawalparasi districts, coupled with WASH awareness programs.
5. To assist in anti-child trafficking programs in Makwanpur district through education and awareness programs.
6. Eligibility Criteria:
a. The applicant must provide EoI letter signed by duly authorized person (e.g. board member) in organization’s letterhead with full contact details,
b. The applicant must be registered as a Non Profit, Social Organisation/ NGO at the relevant authority of Government of Nepal
c. The applicant has valid registration papers.
d. The applicant must be registered with the Social Welfare Council,
e. The applicant must have bylaws that are in coherence with the activity requirement,
f. The applicant preferably has a registered office in Kathmandu,
g. The applicant must be able to co-funding of activities,
h. The applicant must have attained at least 3 years of experience in HEAL Sector,
i. The applicant must have complied with all its tax obligations as per current fiscal year,
j. The applicant must have valid PAN/VAT registration
k. The applicant must have the valid Tax Exemption Status.
l. The applicant must have previous experience of UK and Dutch donor involvement and on request has to provide references of good collaboration and conduct where possible.
Applicants with a majority of female board members are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit all documentation mentioned above.
Applicants who are successful in their application will be contacted before the 28th January. The Nepal Trust reserves the right to accept or reject in part or whole any application without assigning any reason whatsoever and is not obligated to accept the application. Telephone calls or Emails, etc. will not be entertained.